All, here is Head Coach Mike’s in front of the Fairfax county school board, Virginia on February 23, 2017.
Speech techniques applied:
- Keep silent for three seconds why watching each board member eye to eye
- Speedy entrance to the main theme: transportation audit
- Use echoes: it is encouraging… it is discouraging… it is stressing and pressing… overdrinking and overdosing; classroom vs bathroom
- Use alteration: distracted the driver and disrupted the operation of bus
- Use power of three: aging fleet, questionable drivers, and chaotic rides
- Use numbers: 28 out of 50 drivers did not pass the test; 1400 incidents
- Use visual aid: school bus
- Use questioning: should I worry about the school bus driver?
- Ask for a show of hands: who still drives a car made in 1999?
- Use irony: students still take buses operating since 1999
- Use contrast: spend limited resources in classroom not bathroom
- Speak without script
Speak today; lead tomorrow.