Designed to passionate and effective speakers who (1) have finished Speak to Lead fundamental and intermediate speech technique coaching; (2) have demonstrated a mastery of key public speaking skills; (3) have expressed interest and desire to compete at the state or national level in youth public speaking events; and (4) who aspire to be a great speech writer and debater.
Note: For students who are to Speak to Lead, a speech recording is mandatory for evaluation, assessment, and placement.
Advanced level students
Coach(es)： (Subject to change)
Coaches of three people from diverse background
Interview with Coach Nick
Age Group：4th grade and above
Twelve-Week Program (Content subject to change
- Debate Coaching
- Debate Week 1: Assertion, Reasoning, and Evidence
- Debate Week 2: Research, Cross-examination and Refutation
- Debate Week 3: Debate techniques
- Debate Week 4: Policy debate
- Debate Week 5: Public forum debate
- Debate Week 6: Lincoln–Douglas debate
- Speech Script Writing
- Week 1: Decide what to say to the audience
- Week 2: Big beginning and enduring ending
- Week 3: Use humorous, emotional and lightening words
- Speech Competition
- Week 1: Informative Speaking Competition
- Week 2: Humorous Interpretation Competition
- Week 3: Extemporaneous Speaking Competition
课程地址: Zoom.us. Meeting code: will provide upon registration.